ASTM E55 Summer Newsletter is available and is posted on the ASTM website.
The ASTM E55 committee addresses issues related to process control, design, and performance, as well as quality acceptance/assurance tests for the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry. Topics in the ASTM E55 summer newsletter includes:
- An introduction to ASTM’s E55 Committee.
- E55 Subcommittee Reports. This section includes a summary of subcommittee activities which address Process Analytical Technology (E55.01), General Pharmaceutical Standards (E55.03), and General Biopharmaceutical Standards (E55.04).
- Planning and strategy, areas that the committee is focusing on for future standards development based on industry needs (E55.95)
- Outreach. How ASTM is reaching out to regulatory agencies on a global perspective (EMA, WHO), within the US with the new administration, our Fall committee meeting in Lausanne Switzerland, and increasing awareness within our membership.
- Lastly, the newsletter addresses membership updates and how to effectively participate as a committee member.
If you are interested in helping to develop consensus driven standards for the Pharmaceutical and Bio-pharmaceutical industry – join ASTM and be a part of the solution!